Thursday, July 3, 2014

bend low.


If I have given my heart to Christ, then what right do I have to say what He should do with it? If I am to give Him this soul, should I not be blessed if He wills to break it and change it? I should spend no less than all my days praising Him for the pain; for when Christ breaks our hearts, He does it so that we might be holy as He is holy. So praise Him; even through the pain.”    ~T.B. LaBerge

Should I not be blessed if He wills to break it and change it? Yes. Because at the end of it all, when I have reached a place that is far beyond me, a place where I am sure I have not the strength to do what He asks, where I am stretched and bent low, it is here that I find all I am meant to be in Him. When the pain is too great and the doing too hard, it is here He whispers into my soul, " Am I still all you need? Let me have your heart that I may work all things for your good beyond what you feel." 
So, bend low, oh my soul. Be brought to your knees that you may be made strong to stand, sword ready, heart willing, to fight the good fight. Run the race before you with eternity forever in sight. 

If I would have have all of Him, if I would seek Him and know Him, then I would not deny the lessons He teaches through every circumstance. Every moment, whether filled to overflowing with joy, or spilling out hurt, places the choice before me to choose if I will learn all that He is teaching. Not to look around me and compare what He is doing in everyone else, but simply to press into Him, to gaze into His eyes, and to know His peace that passes all understanding. 

Today, we are called to this. 

Today, we are called to know Him.

Today, this is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment