Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Story of Ian & Larissa

Their story has touched me more than I can express. When I look at Larissa, I absolutely see a woman walking out what it means to love as Christ does. And I would desire a marriage like she has far above a normal one, where Christ is not the center and rock it is built upon. Thank you, Ian and Larissa, for being such a beautiful example of a Godly marriage, though it is the hardest thing you will ever do. You are a shining example of our Savior.



"Marriage is not mainly about prospering economically; it is mainly about displaying the covenant-keeping love between Christ and His church. Knowing Christ is more important than making a living. Treasuring Christ is more important than bearing children...Either way, it is short. It may have many, bright days, or it may be covered with clouds. But if we set our face to make of marriage mainly what God designed it to be, no sorrows and no calamities can stand in our way. Every one of them will be, not an obstacle to success, but a way to succeed. The beauty of the covenant-keeping love between Christ and His church shines brightest when nothing but Christ can sustain it." 

-John Piper


Please visit Larissa's blog here.

3 comments:

  1. THanks for posting this Jade...it took me on an hour tangent of praising God for the grace He gives His people to carry out amazing lives of service...and it also made me humbly thank the Lord for the gift of marriage he has given me, recognizing that the things we cherish in this life are nothing compared to what we look forward to in eternity. Seriously this couple is living out an incredible story of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jazz! I know, the first time I watched it I pretty much cried all day...just kept hitting me how blessed I am and how grateful I am for people so given to Jesus. The way He shines through them is amazing to behold!

      Delete
  2. Powerful. It's amazing to see folks grounded in God that way. Interesting how they show you the initial marriage, let you wonder what's going on, and then Whamo! Hello back story. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete